Saturday, September 6, 2008

Myles, Five.

Myles sat back on the couch, he look relaxed but tense at the same time. His eyes were directed at the floor and he was tapping his fingers on his thighs very nervously. "Hey, get up we have to go up stairs." i said as if it were nothing being thrown in to a situation with someone i disliked. What seemed like out of no where he smirked and rose. "Wow, aren't we moving a little fast? I just met you, buy hey what ever floats your boat, baby.". I felt the blood rise to my face, i could of sworn my heart stopped for a second or two. Never had a heard such a crude and tasteless comment leak from the lips of a boy talking to me, if they talked to me at all that is. He must of saw how scarlet my face had turned, because he smiled again, but this time is was a wiry evil smile. It sent a chill up my spine and snapped me back form my state of total shock. "Are we going up stairs then?" he said and winked at me. I sighed and started walking toward the stairs, Myles followed four or five paces behind me.
I stopped at the bottom of the stair well. I guess he didn't notice that i had, because he smashed in to me. "What the hell are you doing now?" he said, obviously furious that i had wrecked his train of thought. "Stairs." i said pointing up ward, and then started for my room. He followed close behind, closer then i really wanted him too. Then i realized there was no light on, he couldn't see where he was going. I laughed silently to myself, maybe he was afraid of the dark. We got to the top, where i proceeded to unlock the door with my key. The only key actually, i always kept my door locked. When i left i locked it, when i went in i locked it. Maybe i was paranoid, maybe it was just habit. Not like i had anything to hide anyway. A bed, a dresser and a bookshelf. That's all there was, and of course all the old boxes that just had a bunch of junk in them.

No comments: