Saturday, September 6, 2008

Myles, Four.

I ran home as quickly as i could, but the boots i was wearing wouldn't let me get there very fast. Bursting through the door i hollered for my mother. After i found her, i told her that i had dropped the cake off, invited them for lunch and that they were coming soon. Then up to my room i scrambled, out of sight out of mind.... i hoped. I began to think about that boy, Myles. The names he called me, not that i wasn't use to it. People always called me names, around here i was different... and different was frowned upon. 'Hey freak!', 'melt you gothic mutant!'. How could someone say something like that to another human being and not feel ashamed of themselves. I looked out the window and saw them walking down the unpaved road. Flopping on my bed i pulled a pillow over my head and screamed as loud as i could. Let all your anger out, i told myself, be calm... be calm. I let out another scream, why did people have to move in.
"Cindy! Come down here please!" my mother called. With a heavy and drawn out sigh i got up. Down stairs i found them sitting in the living room. She was sitting in the over stuffed chair in the corner of the room, while Sue and the two boys sat on the couch. "Hello." i said with a forced smile. Sues younger son, whom i still hadn't learned the name of was wiggling and fidgeting. My mother must of noticed too because she suddenly suggested that i go up in my room/attic and get the old box of toys that i use to play with when i was little. "Please don't go to any trouble." Sue commented. "Oh its no trouble at all." she said with a cheery smile. "Well at least have Myles go along with her to help her carry it down." I shot my mother a look that cried 'No please let me go alone! I will do anything!' but she ignored it and agreed. Sue and my mother decided to go in the kitchen and finish lunch while we were up stairs, and with that dissuasion they were gone.

No comments: