Saturday, September 6, 2008

Myles, One.

I lied in the grass with my eyes closed and my hand folded behind my head. There was something about the summer that could make me stay out side for hours on end just listening and thinking.
My mother never really liked it, she was sure I would get kidnapped or something like that. But nothing like that ever happened around here, actually nothing ever happened period. You see i live in the middle of the woods. Actually, i lived on the top of a hill and there was a huge field surrounding it, then past that were woods. I had no neighbors, which was fine with me, i never was a social butterfly.
There was one house down the road a bit, i could see it from my bed room window. No one lived there though, it was run down and looked as if it would cave in on its self if someone should step inside it. My dad said it was an eye sore and should be torn down. 'What will Cindy's friends think if they see that old thing standing there?' My mother always said. Ha ha Mommy Dearest, shows what you know i don't have any friends, i thought to myself.
It was getting dark and i headed inside. We all sat down and ate dinner together like we always did and then i took my nightly shower and went to bed. Right before i got into bed i took one last look at the old house, it sat there so quietly, so unnoticed. I laughed to myself, it was just like me.

No comments: