Saturday, September 6, 2008

Myles, Six.

I pushed open the door, relieving my plain and melancholy room. "Does someone leave up here?" he asked me with a worried tone in his voice. I bet he thought we kept some unwanted child up here, to hind away from the world. I laughed to myself again, that sounded about right, an unwanted child hidden form the world. "Yes, this is my room. And before you ask me why i live up here I’ll tell you. I like quiet." I finished it at that, i was hoping that was all he needed to know, continuing the conversation would of just brought me more frustration. I heard him mutter something, i think it was 'Heh, quiet... right..'. I slipped pass him and went to the door, what was i doing? I'm not going to lock the door with him up here. Instead i shoved the key back in my pocket.
"Lets look for the box of toys." i said trying to speed things along. "I have an idea you look for it and i will wait on your bed." He plopped down on my bed and lied back folding his arms behind his head. I rolled my eyes and gave him a big impatient sigh, but reluctantly i went over to the boxes and began my search for the toys. After about five minutes for looking Myles started to talk. I paid no attention of course, i just kept up my expedition for the lost toys. "Cindy. Cindy, Cindy, Cindy. Cindy!" I looked at him, he was sitting up now and staring at me. "Are you deaf or something?! What the hell is wrong with you? I called your name like 57 times." He was by far one of the most unpleasant people i had ever met, i decided. He was still staring at me, maybe he was trying to see inside me. I was no open book, and someone like him was sure as hell not going to crack me. I stayed silent none the less.
He rolled his eyes, got up and knelt beside me. "So, what exactly are we looking for?" he asked. "We?" i quipped "When did it become more then just me?" He looked at me and tilted his head. Then shook it, "You really know how to get on a guys last nerves, you know that?". Only his, i thought. "Lets just look for the toys." I said and then did so. "Oh, i see how it is. Giving me the cold shoulder just because i tried to spray you with the hose." I got up, that remark was just plain stupidity. "Are you saying i have no right to be upset? You tried to get me soaking wet with a stream of cold water and you think i would be ok with that? You know, you are much more ignorant then you look. I shouldn't have to be up here with you listening to you whine and moan, but i am. Now stop talking to me, stop looking at me, don't even think about me. Just help me look for the right box so we can get out of here." I felt better, although i had just yelled at a strange. None the less i did feel better. With a sigh and started looking quickly through the rest of the boxes. I wasn't going to stay up here a minute longer. I worked in silence, Myles was waiting by the door impatiently.
After i found the box toys i walked over to him and held it out, with out hesitation he took it. I locked the door and we started back to the living room. Not one word was said between us, the tension was so thick i could of choked on it if i had taken a deep breath.

No comments: