Saturday, September 6, 2008

Myles, Three.

I got to the front door and paused, i had never been this close to the house before. I saw it when i passed walking home from school, and i saw it from my window, but other then that it never really mattered much. Now people lived here and i would have to acknowledge it as and actually house, and not just an eye sore. I knocked softly, listened then knocked slightly harder. A woman in her early forties opened the door, she have chestnut hair the was pinned back and she was wearing old looking clothes. I decided she must of been cleaning the house and moving things around. "Hello there." she said with a big smile on her face, then cocked her head to the side with a look of confusion. "Hi, I’m Cindy. I live next door, my mother sent me over here to give you this cake and to invite you to lunch." I said and then gave her the best smile i could manage out. "Well," she said with another smile. "its nice to meet you Cindy, I'm Sue. Fallow me dear, " she said and started walking away from the front hallway, throw the living room, into the dinning room and then stopping in the kitchen. "set that right there Hun. There are knifes and plates in that box right over there and if you don't mind i am going to go awake up my son from his nap." I gave her a nod and she was off.
I set the cake on the island in the middle of the kitchen, and went for the knifes and plates in the box. It was rather dark and gloomy in there, there also wasn't really any light except for a tiny bit creeping in between the cracks in the closed curtains. After searching for a good five minutes i found what i was looking for. I tried to bring them to the sink to wash but no water came out of the faucet, so i set them on the counter along with the cake. I looked around for a light switch but saw none, so i went to open the curtains. "Who the hell are you?" I heard someone snap behind me. I turned around to find a young man about my age standing there. With out missing a beat i calming said "I could ask you the very same question." He raised his eyebrow, opened his mouth in anticipation of speaking... but didn't. I turned back around and opened the curtains, letting in a beam of light.
"Hey freak!" He practically screamed at me, i turned slowly to find he had pulled the hose through the double doors and was now holding it ready to fire a stream of water at me. What he didn't know was that the water was shut off. I controlled my smirks and smug little giggles and said "I dare you to." He took a step forward, but i refused to budge. I folded my arms and stood my ground, i wasn't about to let some little waste-of-space think that i was scared of him. "Fine you give me no other choice," He said calmly then jumping backwards screamed "MELT YOU GOTHIC MUTANT!" He pulled the hose nozzle... but nothing happened. He pulled again, and again, and again. Panicked now he looked around the kitchen like a frightened rabbit during hunting season. "Now if you don't mind." i said and spun around to finish cutting the cake up.
Sue strolled in with a little boy on her hip, she gazed around the room. I saw the look of confusion oh her face when she saw the hose laying on the floor. "What was going on here? Myles? Do you know what was going on here?" she questioned, realizing he was frozen in place she turned her questioning to me, "Cindy, do you know?". "No ma'am i was just cutting some cake like you told me to, i didn't even hear anything until you came in" i said coolly. "Oh," she said with a smile, then grew serious again "Myles bring that hose outside and then we are going over to Cindy's house for lunch." I was a bit shocked that she was actually going, maybe it was to spite Myles. "Well, if you are going to come over then i better head home to tell my mother how many people are coming, three is it?" "Yes." she grinned at he little boy in her arms. I left the house without another word.

No comments: