Saturday, September 6, 2008

Myles, Two.

I woke up in the late morning to some horrible noise coming from out side. I was still tired so i tried to force myself back to sleep. After drifting in and out of sleep for an hour or so, i pulled myself out of bed to get dressed. I chose a nice black dress that stopped just above my knees, and i threw on a black sweatshirt over it. Then groped under my bed for my boots, slipped them on and headed for the bathroom. I finished getting ready as quickly as i could and ran down stairs to the kitchen.
There I found my mother pulling a cake out of the oven, i poured myself a glass of milk and then slipped into a chair. My mother turned around and set the cake on the table, and in a sing-song voice she said "We have new neighbors, they moved in the old house just down the way." She put her fingers over her mouth and tapped them nervously for a few seconds, "You should change in to something more colorful dear, you look so much more friendly when you do." Oh no, she wanted me to wear colors? That could only mean one thing... she was planning for me to leave the house and see people. How dare she waste my summer vacation socializing with people. "Now i want you too take this cake over next door, and invite them for lunch" she said, dipping her finger into the cake she just frosted.
Before i knew what was happening she put the cake into my arms and pushed me out the door. Great, just great. How can my day being going this badly this early? Hell, i just woke up and got dressed, why should i have to do this? With a big sigh and my temples pounding from shear frustration, i started walking. My mother just has to be Miss Susie Homemaker, these people were going to think i was some kind of freak. Wait, what was i saying? When have i ever cared about what people thought of me, and these people were strangers. I quickened my pace, i was just going to get this over with. No need to prolong unpleasant things.

No comments: