Saturday, September 6, 2008

Myles, Nine.

The smile rested on my face for a long time, longer then i really wanted it to in fact. Something caught my eye and turned my head toward the old house. There i saw Myles staring in my direction, the smile was wiped from my face instantly. Why was he staring at me, i thought. No, i didn't care. I got up and walked to the other side of the tree that was near where i was sitting. Plopping myself down i began fuming. What a cretin, he was making a total ass of himself. The dunderhead fool most likely didn't know his left from his right.
I heard foot steps, there was someone coming. I got up and hind behind the tree. Myles stepped into the clearing, he just stood there gazing around. I realized then i had never really taken a good look at him. When we first met earlier that day i didn't actually look at him, i just insulted him and then he made of a fool of himself. When we were in the attic i avoided his eyes the best i could. I admit, he was good looking. Chestnut brown hair like his mother, but his was curly while his mothers straight. I guessed that his father must have had curly hair. He looked like he had muscles but i couldn't really tell because he was wearing baggy clothes. His broad shoulders and height made him look like he could play football, for all i knew he did. I looked at his eyes, more like in his eye. The same eyes that glared at me so harshly before.
I guess i must of gotten lost in them, because he had noticed me peeking out behind the tree. He was staring right at me. I let out a small gasp and pulled myself out of his sight. "I know your there, i'm not as ignorant as i look. Isn't that how you put it?" I stood still. "Why are you even down here?" he continued, I pressed my body against the tree. Don't move an inch and he will go away. Don't move an inch, don't move an inch. This became my chant as i stood there still as stone.
My arm was suddenly seized and i was pulled from my hiding stop. I fell to my knees. Looking up i found Myles towering over me, his hand still clutched around my arm tightly. "Let me go!" i screamed, he loosened his grip but didn't let go. "Come on, let me help you up." he said extending his other arm to me. I eyeballed it for a moment, and declined his offer by ripping my arm away violently. I got up and walked away, I was done with him. Period.

1 comment:

Isaleen Grey said...

this part is almost alarming. You can feel Myles's cruelty and evilness even as you're feeling cindy's attraction to him. I also like her rabbit-in-headlights response to him noticing her. Wouldn't it be nice if that actually worked? And that he grabs her arm. a little preview of what's coming.