Monday, September 8, 2008

Myles, Fifteen.

She didn't know it was me. Could i have changed that much? I wanted to be mad at her for not knowing me for who i was, her best friend. Instead i went up to her and said in my, you are so stupid tone, "You really couldn't tell it was me?". "Oh my god!" she screeched and wrapped her arms around me. I embraced her back and soaked up the feeling of having a friend again. For a moment, it felt like everything was back to how it was.
"You looks so nice, Malinda." I said with a real smile on my face. It wasn't forced or fake... it was real. The kind of smile that could warm up a room, as my mother always said. "You look... you look... um... wonderful." Her smile was forced, I could tell right away. Seeing her smile like that at me almost brought a tear to my eye. How could she think that i wouldn't see the lies flooding from her. Her eyes and her smile gave it all away.
I gave her a half smile, I thought that was all she deserved... for now. We got her bags and put them in the car, then left. The ride home was horribly quiet and made me uncomfortable. The twists and the turns didn't seem fun anymore. They were back to normal, and so was I. I wasn't happy to see my old friend. I felt bad of course, but what was i suppose to do? Tell her to stop acting like I had on a mask. Right as those thoughts crossed my mind, droplets of rain began to hit my wind shield.

1 comment:

Isaleen Grey said...

ughhhh...so many memories of uncomfortable car rides....and also, what bad timing for cindy, at a time when she really needs some support :/... that feeling of having a friend again...man...ouch.