Monday, September 8, 2008

Myles, Eighteen.

When I got back down stairs Malinda was still talking. I stood in the doorway for a moment, then with a heavy sigh, went in. "So what do you want to do today?" I asked, interrupting her in mid-sentence. "I was thinking we could stay-" "I think we should go to the mall or something. It'll be so much fun. We can catch up, do a little shoping, and maybe see some people we know." We know? Right... more like you remember, I hate.
"I'm feeling a little bloated from the juice, do you want to take a walk before we go?" I agreed reluctantly. Our walked started slowly, her chattering away. We past the path to my favorite spot by the tree, and then the path to the pond. She has ended her story and we walked in silence. How awkward it all was. I might as well have been walking next to a complete stranger. I had to put in an effort though. I didn't want her to think I had changed for the worse. "How does it feel to be back?" I asked her, glancing over at her. "It feels good. I missed all of this. The air, the trees, the leafs, I even missed you." She said with a short laugh and then bumped me with her arm in a joking manner. I smiled, shaking my head. "You missed this? Your crazy, I think the city has corrupted you." I said smirking at the end.

1 comment:

Isaleen Grey said...

isn't it always that way with long lost friends....:/