Monday, September 8, 2008

Myles, Twenty-Two.

The next morning I woke up to find Malinda back in her cot. Was it all a dream? Did she never leave, was I wrong? I then decided to stay awake that night and wait to see if she left again. I would stay up every night if I had to, I needed to know where she went.
The day dragged on and on, like it knew I was waiting for night to fall. But finally it did and Malinda and I both crawled into our beds, said our goodnights and both went to sleep. Well, she did... maybe. I turned my back to her and did my best to stay awake. About an hour into my stake out I heard her stirring. She moved about through the room for a few minutes and then left. That was my queue to get up and fallow after her. I could only guess where she was going...
I stole out of my room into the stairwell silently. I stood there for a moment and listened carefully. From what I could hear she was heading for the steps to the first floor. Quickly I raced down the stairs and waited in the hall for the sound of the door. Luckily for me the front door squeaks.
I went into the bathroom and sat on the window sill. Luck must of really been on my side that night, because the moon was full and washed blue light over everything. Including her running in the darkness over to the path leading to my tree. Down it she ran, every step quicker then the last, twice she nearly fell but regained her balance both times and continued on until I couldn't see her anymore. That’s when I made my move.

1 comment:

Isaleen Grey said...

is this as far as you got with the chronological part of myles? if so, you should post the stuff that's out of order! also, i like that you describe her as hurrying so much that she almost falls. it shows her impetuousness, and it's a good metaphor for her rushing into things she doesn't know anything about, and it shows her excitement.