Monday, September 8, 2008

Myles, Thirteen

The next morning I was woke up around 6, even though i didn't have to leave until 10. I couldn't help it though, i was bouncing off the walls all morning. I didn't even get dressed. I was just prancing around the house making a total idiot of myself. I didn't care, i was happy. H-A-P-P-Y, happy. For in a few hours i would be reunited with my long lost friend. During my prancing session i found an old album with picture of her and i when we were young. It was the prefect thing for us to look through together, i decided. I checked the clock, 9:15. It was time to shower and get dressed. I chose a black skirt with lace around the bottom and the matching top that have lace around the bottom and the collar. Then i pulled a sweater on and zipped it up. I did that as quickly as i could and i hopped into my moms car and left.
The drive to the Bus station wasn't too long. It was actually somewhat relaxing. I hadn't driven for months, but its just like riding a bike... you never forget. The leaves shook as the lower branches brushed the roof of the car. I whipped around a tight corner. I was moving with the wind now, and the trees clamors as I flew by. I was entering town, the trees evaporated and were replaced by buildings. People hurried about the sidewalks going and coming from work, dates, meetings, and whatever other things they all busied themselves with.

1 comment:

Isaleen Grey said...

that bubbly feeling in your chest..yeah. and the all overly preparing when you're seeing someone you're excited about...and driving, yeah. it is relaxing, like a little break, a tiny little vacation from life, at least when you're alone in the car. and also, that line, "it's like riding a bike..." reminds me of this. http://picturesforsadchildren.com/index.php?comicID=30 check out the subtitles...i love that cartoon.