Monday, September 8, 2008

Myles, Twenty-One.

The next week went by horribly slow. Sometimes it felt as though minutes turned into hours, so you can only imagine how long a day must of felt to me. We spent time together everyday for a while, until we got sick of each other and went our separate ways. Which was fine with me, more then three or four hours at a time with her was too much. Her endless chatter and mindless story were enough to make anyone with half a brain scream for mercy. I also found it odd she didn't once go see Myles. Nor did he come to see her. They seemed to have had such a great interest in each other before.
At the end of week one her wonderful visit I woke up in the middle of the night from a bad dream. The dark clouds were looming over head again, I could feel it. I gazed at Malinda’s cot, it was empty. I waited up for hours and hours for her. She didn't come back from where ever she was. Soon lead coated my eye lids and I was fast asleep.

1 comment:

Isaleen Grey said...

lead-coated eyelids....nice. and also the part about dark clouds.