Monday, September 8, 2008

Myles, Twenty.

I couldn't stand it anymore, one more minute of there banter would of sent me over the edge. I turned and away I went. The house seemed like the place to go, but instead I ran behind the house. I hadn't been behind there in such a long time. I guess I stopped going behind there when I no longer found the swing set amusing. I walked over to the pile welded steal - possibly now a death trap- and sat down on a swing. Things weren't going the right way at all. I had it all planned, it look so wonderful in my head. What went wrong already? I lowered my head in defeat. We were just too different now, I had to realized that.
I heard something and glanced up. It was Malinda. She looked upset. What she was upset about what beyond me. Men were throwing themselves at her feet here, she had an already wonderful life back where she lived. What could she possible be feeling bad about? "Cindy, can I come swing with you?" she said in a small voice. "It's a free country." I said and looked back at the ground. "Cindy, I know you are mad. We both should have left when you said, it wasn't right of me to stay. I am your guest, I have to remember that." I was silent, "These swings have a lot of memories," she continued "we had a lot of fun on these swings. Hours and hours of pumping our legs to reach the impossible goal of flying over the top of the bar." She sighed deeply "Things aren't going to be the exact same, you and I both know that. We like different things now and have both changed," she pause and looked my way, "a lot. We will just have to stand each other for the next couple of weeks. And hey, if we get sick of each other we can just do our own thing. This place is huge it shouldn't be hard to do." she was right, whether we wanted to or not, we had to get along for weeks to come.

No comments: