Monday, September 8, 2008

Myles, Nineteen.

We were about to pass Myles house. My heart beats accelerated, and so did I. I walked faster hoping to get that house out of my sights with out any trouble. Malinda fallowed right along side me, and unfortunately for me so did the source of my anguish. Myles stood on the far side of his house. I try to pass quickly, not looking at him. Malinda on the other hand wouldn't pass by as willingly. "Who is that?" She said, her eyes widening. "No one lets just keep walking." I looked at Myles for a moment. He had a big grin on his face, and when he saw the look of terror in my eyes, it grew bigger and his eyes became dark.
"Cindy! Cindy! Wait up!" I didn't wait of course, but Malinda did. Forcing me to stop too. "What do you want Myles?" I said as he approached. "I just wanted to say 'Hi'," he said in a shocked tone, "And to see who your friend is." he flashed Malinda a winning smile, and raising one eyebrow in curiosity. She shot him a flirtatious grin back. "I'm Malinda," she said stepping forward and putting out her hand ever so slightly, forcing him to step even closer to her to shake her hand. I thought she said she had a boyfriend... How odd. "I'm Myles," Their eyes were locked for a long moment. For some reason it made me furious. Maybe it was because I hated Myles, maybe it was because my best friend was making goo goo eyes at him. Whatever the reason, I was mad.
I grabbed Malinda's arm, but trying with all my might to pull her away from the heathen, but it wasn't good enough. She didn't budge, not even an inch. Then she shot me a dirty look then glance sweetly back at Myles. "Malinda it's time to go." I said tugging on her arm again. She pulled her arm away violently, "What is wrong with you?! Stop acting like this!" She said in a horse whisper. Stop the way I'm acting! How dare she say that to me. She told me he sounded like a psycho and to stay away from him. And yet here she was batting her eyes and giggling at everything distasteful word that oozed out from between his lips.

3 comments:

Isaleen Grey said...

i love that you can totally see what's coming from a mile away here

Isaleen Grey said...

a myle away? lol

Bradlee Killer said...

myle... LAME! lol