Monday, September 8, 2008

Myles, Twelve

The next two weeks flew by. I baby sat Chris a couple of times, slept a lot, and read a lot. Most importantly, i stayed away from that terrorist Myles. I didn't talk to, see, or think of him for two glorious weeks. It was almost like my life was back to normal. I loved every minute of it, and to top it all off i got a call from my best friend Malinda called me and asked if she could come up for a visit. She had moved away 3 years ago and i missed her everyday. That day that she called me we talk for hours. She told me about her new friends, and how none of them were as great as me. She carried on about her boyfriend and how wonderful he was. Then she stopped and asked me about what was happening in my life. I thought for a second. I had nothing, it was like i was stuck in a time warp. Ever since she left, my life froze. She was going to come back to the hum drum like she once left and want to leave again, i thought. All i could think of was the new neighbors.
I told her about Sue and Christopher, about how i loved Chris as if he were my own brother. I told her how Sue was nice and she was defiantly going to meet her. Then i paused, should i tell her about Myles? "Cindy?" she paused "Cindy you still there?" "Uh, yeah. I was just thinking sorry." i said hoping she wouldn't catch my troubled tone. "Something wrong?" I knew i couldn't get away with it. I sighed and started in on my discoveries about Myles. The day i met him, him saying horrible things to me, then turning around and being nice. How he pushed me in a puddle, and laughed about it. "This guy sounds like a real psycho Cind, you stay away form him." "Your telling me." We said our good byes and she mentioned again that she would be there in two days, and to make sure to clean my room.
The day before her arrival i set up a cot next to my bed. I was already happier then i had been in years. Being alienated from my peers never really made me smile form ear to ear. Darkness enclosed around my house quickly, and the stars trickled across the sky. I said goodnight to my parents, took a shower, and gave my window a glance. My eyes locked on the old house. Rage grew with in me. Simply thinking about what trouble Myles could cause while Malinda was here made my blood boil. He wasn't going to ruin this, not if his life depended on it. Sleep didn't come easily that night, but after some tossing and turning i was deeply dreaming, awaiting the appearance of my dear friend.

1 comment:

Isaleen Grey said...

"Darkness enclosed around my house quickly, and the stars trickled across the sky." nice. little bit of foreshadowing with the "he wasn't going to ruin this." ?