Monday, September 8, 2008

Myles, Sixteen.

When we got home things got better. Although the rain was pouring outside, inside we were laughing and talking as we looked through the old photo album of us. My parents weren't home that night, they were out on there once in a blue moon dinner and dancing. So we had the house to ourselves. We made a mac n' cheese and then went to bed. She was very tired from her long trip, and I understood that, so i didn't put up a fight. We did decided however that were we going to get up in early in the morning.
When i woke up the next morning Malinda still lied asleep on the cot. I wasn't surprised, she must of been getting use to the time change. I crept down stairs still in my pajamas, all ready to make breakfast. The kitchen wasn't empty though, my mother and Sue sat there sipping coffee and talking. I looked around slowly. Myles wasn't there.
I use to think that my home was safe. It was my castle and I was the princess. Nothing bad could lay a finger on me. The walls were build so high and so mighty that only a bulldozer could break it down. And even then my parents would keep me out of harms ways. That wasn't the case anymore though. Someone got passed the castle gates, and passed all the guards. They broke through our walls and snuck under our fences. Who is this master mind who had done this you ask? It is but a 17-year-old boy. His intentions I do not know, but I knew this, he was not a good person. When it boils down to it, that was the simplest way to describe him.

2 comments:

Isaleen Grey said...

yeah, remember when your house was still totally safe and perfect?
...actually, now i'm trying to remember if it ever really was like that or if i'm just a victim of nostalgia...

Isaleen Grey said...

actually i also really like the bit about how you describe myles as simply a bad person. it's true that when someone is like that, it seems to be the only part of their personality. it's so bright (or dark) that it blocks out everything else.